Thursday, March 19, 2009

Being One Me On Purpose

"Why did I ever want to be everything I wasn't made to be, while someone needs me to be who I am, right now, today... I am significant"


This is a recent quote from me on facebook. I want to expand on those thoughts...


All this time I have been trying to make "something else" happen in my life' something that would make me significant. I've been trying to be a business owner of any sort, a mother when I'm only a newlywed, a home owner, a party planner, a stay at home mom with no kids. Anything else but this boring life...


Then it hit me hard, like a ton of bricks:
While I am striving to create something "new" there are people and places I reside that have not been touched, places where I have set my two feet that remain unaffected by God's presence. All this time His Spirit has been living in me. His abundant life and spiritual riches and rivers of living water have been shut up inside me in the midst of a dying people. I have for too long held it all inside until I could find an "acceptable place" to burst forward with His light!


Wow! How my selfishness had overcome me! How long I have waited for the "right" (comfortable and preferable) conditions to express my love and commitment to Christ and the love and commitment of Christ. How many days have passed with this treasure buried inside me, while His word clearly says a lamp that is hidden is useless!!!! (Matthew 5:14-16). But I claim to be salt and light in the world, in the world.


I realize that He has called me to be An Ambassador. Wow, the sad part is that he actually gave me this title last year, but I kept searching for my purpose!


God literally told me through 2 Corinthians 5:20 that I am to be His ambassador.
(Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were making an appeal through us; we beg you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God- NASB)


I see now that I never invited the reconciliation of unsaved people to God to these places because I only wanted my purposes to be fulfilled. I didn't want to be His ambassador in my workplace, or in my career in general. I wanted to leave and get my money and status. I wanted these places to be my stepping stones and springboards to my new season, to my destiny! I had applied for graduate school more than three times in the past two years I have spent at my job. Until the very last time I tried and wept when I saw again that it was not yet time. What a continuous wake up call- that I kept ignoring! His mercy endures!

This all went on while God was waiting for the chance for His light to spring forth within me so that the fruit of spring could bloom and His kingdom could be advanced.


Ephesians 5:15-17 speaks
Therefore be careful how you walk, not as unwise [wo]men, but as wise making the most of your time because the days are evil. so then do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is.


Colossians 4:5 urges
Conduct yourselves with wisdom toward outsiders, making the most of the opportunity.


With all that said, do we still want our purpose and destiny? Will we still find joy in sharing Christ with others and doing the will of the Lord when it is not comfortable, not popular, not fluffy and bubbly? Surely we will feel His love and find joy in walking and working for Him, but purpose may be fulfilled in ways other than we prefer.

Will you be open to His purpose and calling in every arena of life? Are you willing to see His power manifested in ways you never expected?

No comments:

Post a Comment