Saturday, March 21, 2009

Bless the Lord...All That is Within Me


Preface: You may notice a theme with my blog writings...I am daily trying to stop fighting God right now. I have been wanting to make my will happen, and figure out what my "purpose and passion in life" is.

But, the Lord has been telling me... "I refuse to let you move forward with all this mess, and messed up perspective". He has me in the fire, so I can be purified. So, when it is time to move forward to the next step, my motives will be pure, my mind will be focused, and my heart will be ready!



Bless the Lord, Oh My soul, and all that is within me....


What is within me? What is in my possession, now, today?


I thought I had to have a title.


I thought I had to create a product.


I thought I had to be affirmed by others.


I thought I had no significance.


I thought I had no purpose- CURRENTLY


I thought I had to be like everyone else who does a something...


But what is within me now? What I possess now are the very things I have always taken for granted. I have been given eyes, hands, feet, knowledge, a heart. My talents and gifts seemed so minute to me that I had not even taken care of them. I had become just like the slave with ONE talent (Matthew 25:14-30). I had neglected using all the skills that seem so simple and the tasks that seem so small. I had not "sown into my own ground", or multiplied my own gifts and abilities, but was greedy for more!


What talents and gifts do you possess that you have not surrendered to the Lord?

What is right under your nose that you have neglected?

How will you multiply the talents God has given you?

Or will you simply bury it like the slave with one talent, because you feel it is insignificant?

No comments:

Post a Comment